[Biopython] Adding method to remove gaps in MultipleSeqAlignment

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 20:58:39 EDT 2021

 Hi Travis,
I would suggest to wait until the dust settles on `Alignment` / `MultipleSeqAlignment`, which hopefully won't take too long.
Best,-Michiel

    On Monday, June 21, 2021, 11:23:17 PM GMT+9, Travis Wrightsman <tw493 at cornell.edu> wrote:

 Dear Biopython Devs,

I have code that I wrote to generate a new MultipleSeqAlignment that has
columns removed if they contained gaps in the first sequence. If I
generalized this code to return a MultipleSeqAlignment with gaps removed
in any specified record row, would this be something Biopython would want
included?

I also see the Alignment class looks to be the new, more general way to
work with alignments in 1.80, should I implement this on
MultipleSeqAlignment or Alignment?

Travis