[Biopython] How many of you are on Slack?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 28 10:38:40 EDT 2021

My goal is both reduce OBF maintenance, and better connect with the
Biopython community - it seems this mailing list is  sub-optimal on
both front.

As to consolidation/relocation, I was thinking blog (read only
announcements),  free-tier Slack (real-time interactions including
user support), and Github (dev support and discussions). But maybe
with the slow decline in news reader popularity (I personally have
used Feedly ever since Google Reader was dropped), you're right and
there is still a role for some kind of email based announcements list?

(Note that some of the smaller non-public OBF mailing lists have for
some time forwarded to private Google Groups; your suggestion would
not be such a big upheaval)

Peter