[Biopython] Adding method to remove gaps in MultipleSeqAlignment

Travis Wrightsman tw493 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:23:12 EDT 2021

Dear Biopython Devs,

I have code that I wrote to generate a new MultipleSeqAlignment that has
columns removed if they contained gaps in the first sequence. If I
generalized this code to return a MultipleSeqAlignment with gaps removed
in any specified record row, would this be something Biopython would want
included?

I also see the Alignment class looks to be the new, more general way to
work with alignments in 1.80, should I implement this on
MultipleSeqAlignment or Alignment?

Travis