[Biopython] How many of you are on Slack?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 28 10:04:22 EDT 2021

Hi João,

We've typically mirrored all important announcements to the OBF blog
(and Tweeted them), so I don't personally feel dropping the
announcement mailing list would be a big loss.

Fair point on the lack of external search, would Gitter or similar
chat platforms have the same problem?

Going back a few years, I did often use links to the mailing list
archive - but I've found that need has gotten smaller and smaller with
Github discussions taking its place. We could make an effort to push
serious discussions to Github to maintain an archive?

Either way, the attraction in not hosting it ourselves comes with the
flip side of paying for a service and/or being at the mercy of a
commercial business model.

Peter