[Biopython] PARS - pfam module for biopython

Julia Gołębiowska je.golebiowska at student.uw.edu.pl
Tue Jun 15 14:07:21 EDT 2021

Dear Sir/Madam,

We want to contribute to biopython with our PARS package. As there is no
module in Biopython devoted to Pfam database we created a package for this
purpose. PARS enables downloading files from Pfam and Rfam databases with
additional wrappers for HAMMER tools - hmmsearch, hmmscan and hmmpress
which enables the usage of downloaded hmm files. We wrote classes dedicated
to Pfam families/clans and hmm flat files. Our package enables easy
switching between the Pfam and other popular databases by translation of
accession numbers.

To see code please visit: https://github.com/JuliaGol/PARS, to see
documentation and  examples: https://github.com/JuliaGol/PARS/wiki.

 I hope you consider our code.