[Biopython] When to drop Python 3.6 support?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 5 05:32:48 EDT 2021

Dear Biopythoneers,

We had various delays due in part to key people's availability, but
six months after the last email in this thread, we have now released
Biopython 1.79.

Biopython 1.79 is planned to be our final release to support Python
3.6, so if there are any last minute pleas to keep supporting it,
please reply within the next week.

Otherwise we will drop testing Python 3.6 on the main repository and
continuous integration, and raise an error trying to install under
Python 3.6.

Thank you,

Peter