[Biopython] two tracks on same level when using GenomeDiagram

Leighton Pritchard Leighton.Pritchard at hutton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 25 08:58:17 UTC 2018

Hi Adam,

I don’t think there’s a way to do it from the API - sorry about that.

As a hacky way to produce a similar diagram, I’d consider generating a single track from the two annotated sequences you want to align, with a spacer of appropriate size, and rendering the diagram. Then I’d mask off the spacer using Illustrator or similar package. It’s not exactly satisfactory, I know.

Apologies,

L.

> On 24 Jun 2018, at 23:39, Adam Witney <awitney at sgul.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When using GenomeDiagram, is it possible to have two tracks on the same level? One left justified and the other right justified? For example, I want to draw something similar to this Fig 3
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Comparisons-of-integrated-and-conjugative-elements-from-L-hokkaidonensis-and-several_fig3_275052056
>
> the third gene track from the bottom, it looks like two tracks on the same line?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> adam

The James Hutton Institute is a Scottish charitable company limited by guarantee.
Registered in Scotland No. SC374831
Registered Office: The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie Dundee DD2 5DA.
Charity No. SC041796