[Biopython] How can I help?

Maria Climent-Pommeret maria at climent-pommeret.red
Fri Jun 22 08:29:01 UTC 2018

Hello there!

I'm a PhD student in bioinformatics, specialized in RNA secondary
structure and basically, I'd like to contribute to biopython!

I've coded (not great code, but it's a start, the relevant part is here
https://gitlab.climent-pommeret.red/Chopopope/python-pprna/tree/master/pprna
) somes classes for RNAs (a parser, a structure builder, RNAmodel,
RNAchain, RNAresidue, RNASecondaryStructure) that uses rnaview (an
independant software) to retrieve interactions from PDB files. It then
performs RNA planarization to retrieve a dot-parenthesis structure. You
can then play with the discarded interactions, the interaction types, …
for statistical purposes.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in me making this code compliant
to the norms of biopython? If so, could I have a mentor to help me in
this task?

Anyhow, I'd  be glad to contribute to biopython if you have some tasks
for me. For instance, I could help with the documentation and helping
making it Sphinx-compliant.

Have a great day and I hope I'd be hearing from you soon!

Cheers,

--
Maria Climent-Pommeret