[Biopython] Planning Biopython 1.72

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:12:04 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Bow has removed the experimental warning from SearchIO :)

I don't think we're going to make any alphabet changes
for Biopython 1.72, but I would urge people to look at
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/1674 and
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/1681 for
comment.

Separately, I solved why the Tutorial's online Entrez tests
had stopped working. We have to run the online tests
'by hand' since TravisCI and AppVeyor are setup to only
run the offline tests.

The new pairwise alignment module is in, although it needs
a NEWS file entry and some minor tweaks to make its pretty
alignment string output match the rest of Biopython:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/1655

I'm intending to merge the SeqFeature translation:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/1509

Thanks everyone who has worked on these changes
and all other others already in the repository - unless
anyone speaks up that could be everything for
Biopython 1.72.

Regards,

Peter