[Bioperl-l] Bio::AnnotatableI function annotation()

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Mar 28 19:24:29 UTC 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Chris Fields wrote:

> Not sure if we really need to add AnnotatableI to SeqFeatureI; I
> think that would be up to the SeqFeatureI implementation, and it
> doesn't hurt leaving it out.

I still think we should leave it out. It should be left to
implementors to decide whether they need both or not, and the
SeqFeatureI contract shouldn't dictate it.

Or quoting from another of your emails:

> 1) whether you want to mix your 'peanut butter' with your
> 'chocolate' or keep them separate (amazingly, some people don't like
> Reese's peanut butter cups),

I like them, but they are so heavy that I can't eat a lot of them.
There should be a possibility to have SeqFeatureI's that have
chocolate but not peanut butter so you can have more of them.

	-hilmar