[Bioperl-l] Regarding help for Bioperl with Local MYsql database

Juan Jovel jovel_juan at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 01:38:52 UTC 2009

Hello Everybody!

My name is JUAN JOVEL, a molecular biologist and cell biologist at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI), in La Jolla, California.  I have used PERL to characterize small RNAs derived from virus genomes.

With the advent of pyrosequencing, more and more siRNAs databases are being generated. I am planing to publish a paper explaining some methodologies to analyze those siRNAs by using PERL and GBROWSE.

While I understand PERL programing, and can solve my own needs I am far from being an expert. On the other hand, I have a very solid knowledge of siRNAs biology in plants and animals.  Thus, I am looking for one or a couple of partners to write the paper with me (I will lead this and be the corresponding author), but if somebody is interested in helping me analyzing a data base that we would use as a case study, I would be happy to put your name in the publication.

The original idea is to publish the paper in the journal RNA (impact factor ~5.5).  If interested, and you have good skills in Graphic Programming with PERL (and/or GBROWSE), database (NCBI) searching, please contact me and we can start planing together the mentioned paper.

Best regards,

JUAN