[Bioperl-l] Install help errors

snoze pa snoze.pa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 15:29:49 UTC 2008

I agree with you. There is no clean installation help of the
bioperl/biosql/bioperl-db available. If you read the biosql INSTALL
file and follow what is written then you will find database name
biosql. However if you read the mysql entry in same page then you will
find the name of the data base is bioseqdb. For new bee in the area it
is not only difficult but also  confusing.

I am trying a clean installation of bioperl/biosql/bioseqdb but still
there is no success. If I assume the installation is done then it
always crash on DBSOURCE entry.  The load_sequencedb.pl crashes every
time when I encounter with sequences like

LOCUS       P27912                   792 aa            linear   VRL 10-JUN-2008
DEFINITION  Genome polyprotein [Contains: Protein C (Core protein) (Capsid
            protein); prM; Peptide pr; Small envelope protein M (Matrix
            protein); Envelope protein E; Non-structural protein 1 (NS1)].
ACCESSION   P27912
VERSION     P27912.1  GI:130422
DBSOURCE    swissprot: locus POLG_DEN1A, accession P27912;
            class: standard.
            created: Aug 1, 1992.
            sequence updated: Aug 1, 1992.
            annotation updated: Jun 10, 2008.
            xrefs: D00502.1, BAA00394.1, B32401
            xrefs (non-sequence databases): HSSP:Q88653, SMR:P27912,
            GO:0005789, InterPro:IPR011999, InterPro:IPR013754,
            InterPro:IPR001122, InterPro:IPR000069, InterPro:IPR001157,
            InterPro:IPR002535, InterPro:IPR000336, Gene3D:G3DSA:2.60.98.10,
            Gene3D:G3DSA:2.60.40.350, Pfam:PF01003, Pfam:PF02832, Pfam:PF00869,
            Pfam:PF01004, Pfam:PF00948, Pfam:PF01570
KEYWORDS    Capsid protein; Cleavage on pair of basic residues; Endoplasmic
            reticulum; Envelope protein; Glycoprotein; Membrane; Secreted;
            Transmembrane; Viral nucleoprotein; Virion.

It can not parse the DBSOURCE entry.  May be I am doing something
wrong but It will great if someone can try to load
P27912, entry of genbank to bioseqdb database.  Please let me know if
you can load the this genbank file.

Thank you all for your Help.
Best S