[Bioperl-l] Install help errors

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Jul 7 21:20:23 UTC 2008

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> You may use any name for the database - is there some piece of
> documentation that prompted you to conclude that this parameter isn't
> under your control? There should be a command-line parameter
> (--namespace) in load_seqdatabase.pl

For what its worth, I was caught out by this as well. It would be a
little more friendly if the documentation for biosql and bioperl-db were
consistent in their suggestions for what to call the database.

When you don't really have any idea what's going on, you at least want
to be able to copy/paste the suggested commands/code ;)