[Bioperl-l] Speed of bioperl mailing list distribution

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 22 02:05:54 UTC 2006

This problem was mentioned by Daniel Bornman earlier today (the one I sniped
at for repeated posts).  He sent three emails which didn't make it through
until this afternoon.  I originally thought it might be the changeover to
the new server.  However, personally, I haven't seen any problems today,
though I have seen slowdowns before.  A post to the list went through just
fine this morning around the same time that Daniel sent an email to the list
(my post to the list was at 10:27 AM and I received it through the list at
10:34 AM).  It could be a server problem on his end.  If your running into
the same problem it could be coincidence, but it likely is something else.
Bad timing?

I also made CVS commits which showed up pretty quickly on bioperl-guts-l
yesterday.

I believe Chris D. mentioned at some point that the mail to the list goes
through virus-checking and a spam-filters so that explains a slight delay,
but not several hours.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry