[Bioperl-l] Speed of bioperl mailing list distribution

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Sat Apr 22 00:59:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've noticed that we often get repeated posts on the Bioperl lists,
as well as multiple duplicate responses that are hours apart in post time.

I just thought I should mention that a post to bioperl-l (or an appearance in
bioperl-guts-l after a CVS commit), from my point of view, can take up to 10
hours to appear, at best 30 minutes. I'm not sure where the delay is but I
don't think it is at my end (?).

So a new poster may post multiple times under the assumption that the first
ones didn't work because the didn't appear in a timely fashion (for their
definition of timely :-). And responders will respond because they haven't yet
received the previous response which already answered the post.

Just thought I'd mention it - any one else have this problem?

--
Torsten Seemann
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia