[Bioperl-l] substitution matrices

Andreas Bernauer andreas.bernauer at gmx.de
Wed Dec 17 14:53:51 EST 2003

Hi,

Is there a module with which I can calculate substitution matrices
(out of alignments)?  I've searched through bioperl.org but I couldn't
really find anything.

If there is no such module, can anybody of you point me to a website
or alike where I can start to search for such a program, i.e. a
program that calculates substitution matrices like Dayhoff's PAM
matrix or JTT did out of alignments?  I am relatively new to this
field and I've been searching for a couple of days for such a program,
but I couldn't find anyone.  The suits that are usually used and that
I've found (like EMBOSS) only use the matrices but don't seem to
create them.

I'll appreciate any hint.  Thank you very much for you time.

Andreas.