[Biojava-dev] biojava3 sequence tools

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Aug 11 08:26:31 UTC 2010

Building a Sequence object which can contain AminoAcidCompound or NucleotideCompound is easy; the return types makes this incredibly hard since we'd have to return Sequence<Compound> which forces the user to start casting to a more useful type. Every auto detector I've known gets it wrong since they all apply arbitrary thresholds to decide the switch.

However if the need is there (which I'm sure for writing some interfaces there are) something can be knocked up quickly I think.