[Biojava-dev] SeqIOTools method not found

Richard Holland richard.holland at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 22 17:21:25 UTC 2006

Very odd. Only thing I can think of is that you don't have the correct
version of BioJava and instead have some older version where this method
didn't exist yet.

How did you download it? (if possible, send us the URL of the link you
clicked to download it)

Make sure you're using at least the 1.4 binary distribution available
from the biojava.org website, or if you're using CVS then checkout the
module biojava-live for the latest stuff.

cheers,
Richard

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 10:34 -0600, Yan Bai wrote:
> I am new in this mailing list,
> I've download biojava package, pretty sure CLASSPATH was set up right. I typed the example given on the tutorial (Trace2Seq.java), got compiler error as below. In biojava source code, I couldn't find the method named as "writeFasta" in SeqIOTools with "Sequence" as the 2nd parameter, neither did I find any methods with 'Sequence' as the 2nd parameter, but they all show up on API.
> I am in the first step of trying Biojava, and this is frustrating. Apprecate if someone will help me out.
> -------------------------------------
> Trace2Seq.java:18: cannot find symbol
> symbol  : method writeFasta(java.io.PrintStream,org.biojava.bio.seq.Sequence)
> location: class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.SeqIOTools
>       SeqIOTools.writeFasta(System.out, seq);
>                 ^
> 1 error
Richard Holland