[Biojava-dev] SeqIOTools method not found

Yan Bai Yan.Bai at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:34:32 UTC 2006

I am new in this mailing list,
I've download biojava package, pretty sure CLASSPATH was set up right. I typed the example given on the tutorial (Trace2Seq.java), got compiler error as below. In biojava source code, I couldn't find the method named as "writeFasta" in SeqIOTools with "Sequence" as the 2nd parameter, neither did I find any methods with 'Sequence' as the 2nd parameter, but they all show up on API.
I am in the first step of trying Biojava, and this is frustrating. Apprecate if someone will help me out.
Trace2Seq.java:18: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method writeFasta(java.io.PrintStream,org.biojava.bio.seq.Sequence)
location: class org.biojava.bio.seq.io.SeqIOTools
      SeqIOTools.writeFasta(System.out, seq);
                ^
1 error