[Biojava-dev] Moving to Java 1.5

Sylvain Foisy sylvain.foisy at bioneq.qc.ca
Mon Mar 6 10:03:42 EST 2006

Hi,

The big problem on the Mac is that although X.4 has the Java JRE 1.5, the
SDK is still officially stuck at JDK 1.4. JDK 1.5 is still in Developer's
Preview mode.

Just an observation

Sylvain

On 3/3/06 2:37 PM, "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> wrote:

> I know we discussed this last October and as I remember it the plan was
> to move to 1.5 in the new year...
>
>  I have just been switching over some ontology code from 1.4 that  I
> would like to move to 1.5 (and eventually submit to biojava)- what are
> people's thoughts on this now? I am developing on a Mac and with the
> release of 1.5 for the Mac I think that ought to persuade a lot more
> people to move over.
>
>  -John

Sylvain Foisy, Ph. D.
Directeur - operations / Project Manager
BioneQ - Reseau quebecois de bio-informatique
U. de Montreal / Genome-Quebec

Adresse postale:

Departement de biochimie
Pavillon principal