[Biojava-dev] Mismatches between bytecode.jar versions

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 26 19:11:58 EDT 2003

I was sure we had solved all of this a week or so ago.
I'll take /another/ look on Monday. From memory, I
think we should be using
IntrospectedCodeClass.forMethod() rather than
SimpleCodeMethod.

Matthew

 --- David Huen <smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> It appears that there may be some problems with the
> bytecode.jar
> versioning.
>
> Biojava-live will compile with the bytecode.jar that
> is in biojava-live/
> in the dev repository (size 94613 bytes).  It does
> not compile with the
> bytecode.jar that is compiled from source in the
> bytecode module in dev
> (size 93458 bytes).
>
> Can the correct version be established and the
> source and binaries sync'd
> up?  They can't both be right.
>
> Here's the error log:-
> compile:
>     [javac] Compiling 1077 source files to

/home/davidh/biocvs/biojava-live/ant-build/classes/main
>     [javac]

/home/davidh/biocvs/biojava-live/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/projection/ProjectionEngine.java:198:
> cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class SimpleCodeMethod
>     [javac] location: class
> org.biojava.bio.seq.projection.ProjectionEngine
>     [javac]         CodeMethod m_ourBase_init = new
> SimpleCodeMethod(
>     [javac]
> ^
>     [javac]

/home/davidh/biocvs/biojava-live/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/projection/ProjectionEngine.java:204:
> cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class SimpleCodeMethod
>     [javac] location: class
> org.biojava.bio.seq.projection.ProjectionEngine
>     [javac]         CodeMethod
> m_ourBase_getViewedFeature = new
> SimpleCodeMethod(
>     [javac]
>            ^
>     [javac]

/home/davidh/biocvs/biojava-live/ant-build/src/main/org/biojava/bio/seq/projection/ProjectionEngine.java:211: