[Biojava-dev] biojava / Security

Warth,Rainer,LAUSANNE,NRC/BAS rainer.warth at rdls.nestle.com
Fri Jul 25 19:06:25 EDT 2003

Hi,
   biojava has probably became an import part of our daily work and we would
not like to miss it. However, I was just recently asked within the company,
what would be the security risk by using software from a public project such
as biojava. Could it be possible that sombebody submits undesired code into
the biojava package, which would end up on my machine and cause harm to our
intranet.
   Does anybody has some suggestions where to learn more about this type of
problem ? Maybe somebody can propose a good strategy to protect againt this
type of security risk ?

Best, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Warth
Research Scientist Bioinformatics

Nestle Research Center
NESTEC LTD.
Vers-Chez-LES-BLANC     phone: +41/21 785 87 13
1000 LAUSANNE 26          FAX: +41/21 785 89 25
SWITZERLAND            e-mail: rainer.warth at rdls.nestle.com