[Biojava-dev] version of JUnit

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Feb 13 10:16:57 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 07:29:31PM -0600, Moses Hohman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What version of JUnit are we assuming for development? I wrote a test
> recently without the public Classname(String name) {} constructor
> because that is a feature of JUnit since 3.8 I think (maybe even
> earlier, I don't remember the exact version they added that
> improvement). However, someone added the constructor later because they
> were having compile problems, because they were using an older version
> of JUnit.
>
> I'd rather write tests without the clutter of that constructor, but if
> we need to be compatible with an older version of JUnit then I will
> include it in the future. Is there an
> official/semi-official/not-so-official policy on this?

I must admit I'm still using JUnit 3.7 on at least some of my
machines.  I wouldn't be surprised if some other developers
are, too, since this was the current version at the time when
the first serious tests were committed.

I'd certainly be happy to sync up to 3.8.1 (appears to be the
current version).  I don't think many (any?) ``normal users''
run the test suite, so this is really just a developer thing.
Anyone actually attached to 3.7?

    Thomas.