[Biojava-dev] version of JUnit

Moses Hohman mmhohman at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 12 19:29:31 EST 2003

Hi all,

What version of JUnit are we assuming for development? I wrote a test
recently without the public Classname(String name) {} constructor
because that is a feature of JUnit since 3.8 I think (maybe even
earlier, I don't remember the exact version they added that
improvement). However, someone added the constructor later because they
were having compile problems, because they were using an older version
of JUnit.

I'd rather write tests without the clutter of that constructor, but if
we need to be compatible with an older version of JUnit then I will
include it in the future. Is there an
official/semi-official/not-so-official policy on this?

thanks,

Moses