[BioSQL-l] trouble cramming genbank

Josiah Altschuler jaltschuler@CGR.Harvard.edu
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:38:51 -0400

Ok thanks for the replies.  I increased the size from 4 GB to some huge
number.  But when I ran load_seqdatabase.pl again, it got stuck after adding
one entry.  I noticed the newer biosqldb-mysql.sql uses INNODB tables, so I
am now creating another genbank db from scratch using type=INNODB for all my
tables.  Hopefully this will work out better.  I guess I'll find out in two
days.

Josiah

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Henderson [mailto:tjh@alodar.com]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 2:44 PM
To: Josiah Altschuler
Cc: Biosql
Subject: Re: [BioSQL-l] trouble cramming genbank

Josiah,

According to the MySQL docs at

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/

(See "1.2.4 How big can MySQL tables be?")

MySQL tables by default have a maximum size of "about 4 GB". You can
check this using the "SHOW TABLE STATUS" command.

If you're trying to load all of GenBank, or even all of the EST
division, it wouldn't surprise me if you exceeded 4 GB in one or more
tables.

-- Tim