[Biopython] biopython parse for KEGG gene file

Md Nafiz Hamid nafiz.hamid.iut at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:04:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the Ipython notebook, it looks like a great resource. As I
suspected though, at the moment,
there is no parser for the gene files.

I have written a minimalistic parser for my purposes but I will be glad to
make it all purpose and
contribute to biopython. I do not have a KEGG subscription so I have worked
with the KEGG REST API
in biopython. Thanks for all the clarification.

Best Regards,
Nafiz

Md Nafiz Hamid
Graduate Research Assistant
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Preventive Medicine
2178 Vet Med
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1250