[Biopython] Versions of Python 3 to support in Biopython?

Nick Lindberg nlindberg at mkei.org
Thu May 30 13:34:56 UTC 2013

Hello,

The current production versions are Python 2.7.5 and Python 3.3.2.  Per
Ivan's comments, I do not think you should drop support for 2.x when
adding for 3.x.  However, I think it's completely fair that you should
require the latest current production version of each (or at least put the
caveat in that it's only been tested on 2.7.* and 3.3.*.

If you need any help with the testing or compatibility, I'd be glad to
help.

Also, for any Mac users out there, I am working on a Homebrew formula for
a package-install of Biopython.  More details incoming.

Thanks,

Nick Lindberg
Sr. Consulting Engineer, HPC
Milwaukee Institute