[Biopython] Versions of Python 3 to support in Biopython?

Ivan Gregoretti ivangreg at gmail.com
Thu May 30 13:23:43 UTC 2013

Hi Bow,

I think that we should drop support for Python 2.x once it is left out
in favour of Python 3.

I am not aware of any major linux distrubution that uses Python 3 as
default. By major linux distribution I mean Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS,
Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Out of all the five distributions listed above, most administrators
use CentOS. Perhaps we should schedule Python v2.x support to be
dropped when CentOS switches to Python 3. That is likely to happen a
long time from now.

Thank you,

Ivan

Ivan Gregoretti, PhD