[Biopython] Mac installation problem

Kiss, Csaba csaba.kiss at lanl.gov
Sun Aug 25 19:20:40 UTC 2013

I have a problem installing biopython on a MAC system using the easy_install method. I have tried these two commands:

 sudo easy_install -f http://biopython.org/DIST/ biopython

sudo easy_install -U biopython

None of them worked. I get these error messages:

Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/biopython/
No local packages or download links found for biopython
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('biopython')

Can someone help me rectify this? I have a paper being reviewed and the reviewer has problems getting biopython going, which means it's pretty crucial for me.

Csaba