[Biopython] NcbiblastnCommandline vs subprocess blast

Tanya Golubchik golubchi at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 21 11:38:36 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your help. You're right that it's the word size, although
not in the way this was suggesting -- what happened was that with my
selected word size, some queries were failing with -culling_limit 1 (I
still don't quite know why this happens, it seems to be a blast bug) and
defaulting to culling limit 2 -- which is fine, but at this point they
were losing the word size argument (my stuff-up).

Thanks again!

Tanya