[Biopython] Mac installation problem

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 25 19:47:19 UTC 2013

You'll need Apple's XCode for the compilers
etc, available for free on the App Store - and then
from within XCode you must install the optional
command line utilities as well.

Also, I'd recommend the old fashioned way, just
download and decompress the tar-ball, then

python setup.py build
python setup.py test
sudo python setup.py install

This should match our wiki download page,
http://biopython.org/wiki/Download

Peter