[Biopython] Teaching BioPython

Aisling ODriscoll Aisling.ODriscoll at cit.ie
Tue Jun 21 20:07:07 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I have been asked to deliver BioPython classes to biologists. Having a
computer science background myself (Python), I am not finding it easy to
tie python back to concepts that the biology students will relate to.
This will be very important as I'm not there to teach them to be expert
Python computer programmers - they're programming skills must relate to
their discipline. Has anyone delivered such a course? Even better would
someone have any lesson plans available which I could use as a starting
point?

I came across this post but the it's a bit old and the information
provided in the link no longer seems to be hosted.
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-August/005487.html

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aisling.