[Biopython] [2011 OBF Summer of Code] Galaxy phylogenetics pipeline development in Biopython

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:30:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:
> Bongsoo;
> Thanks for the e-mail and your interest in GSoC.
>
>> I'm really interested in participating the summer bioinformatics open source
>> code project, especially in
>> "**Galaxy phylogenetics pipeline development in Biopython**".
>
> This is a project that we did last year during GSoC:
>
> http://informatics.nescent.org/wiki/Phyloinformatics_Summer_of_Code_2010#Galaxy_phylogenetics_pipeline_development

Well, it was a proposal for last year but the student was not selected,
right Brad? So you could explore a similar project proposal - but as
Brad noted, it has to be done this week.

Being at Penn State, do you know any of the Galaxy team personally?
For this project a (co-) mentor from Galaxy would be great.