[Biopython] [2011 OBF Summer of Code] Galaxy phylogenetics pipeline development in Biopython

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:57:49 UTC 2011

Bongsoo;
Thanks for the e-mail and your interest in GSoC.

> I'm really interested in participating the summer bioinformatics open source
> code project, especially in
> "**Galaxy phylogenetics pipeline development in Biopython**".

This is a project that we did last year during GSoC:

http://informatics.nescent.org/wiki/Phyloinformatics_Summer_of_Code_2010#Galaxy_phylogenetics_pipeline_development

The current list of Biopython project ideas for this year is here:

http://biopython.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code

and NESCent also has bioinformatics project ideas:

http://informatics.nescent.org/wiki/Phyloinformatics_Summer_of_Code_2011

If you find any of those interesting please do get in touch with us
and the mentors. The deadline is coming up this Friday, so you
still have time to get together a competitive proposal.

Thanks,
Brad