[Biopython] [2011 OBF Summer of Code] Galaxy phylogenetics pipeline development in Biopython

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:54:34 UTC 2011

Peter and Bongsoo;

> > This is a project that we did last year during GSoC:
> >
> > http://informatics.nescent.org/wiki/Phyloinformatics_Summer_of_Code_2010#Galaxy_phylogenetics_pipeline_development
> >

> Well, it was a proposal for last year but the student was not selected,
> right Brad? So you could explore a similar project proposal - but as
> Brad noted, it has to be done this week.

It was selected, and Filip worked on it last summer with a lot of
success. There is always more work to be done in this area, but
practically it is pretty late in the process to be trying to recruit
mentors and define an idea from scratch. Bongsoo, if you are
interested this year your best plan would be contacting a mentor
with an existing project idea and working to refine that over the
next few days.

Brad