[Biopython] [2011 OBF Summer of Code] Galaxy phylogenetics pipeline development in Biopython

Bongsoo Park bxp12 at psu.edu
Tue Apr 5 20:34:00 UTC 2011

Dear BioPython members,

Hello,
My name is Bongsoo Park, Ph.D. Candidate in Bioinformatics & Genomics at
Pennsylvania State University.
I'm really interested in participating the summer bioinformatics open source
code project, especially in
"**Galaxy phylogenetics pipeline development in Biopython**".

I'm eligible person to conduct the research,

1. I'm pretty familiar with the usage and development of Galaxy tool. (i.e.
implementation of independent Galaxy or new tools)
2. I've used various phylogenetic programs in my thesis research.
(Phylogenetic study on Fungal and Oomycete pathogens)
3. I really want to involved in the open source project to contribute the
bioinformatics community. (I like Bioinformatics!)

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Bongsoo Park

Ph.D. Candidate in Bioinformatics & Genomics
The Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences
The Pennsylvania State University
312 Buckhout Lab, University Park, PA 16802, USA
TEL) 814-441-3861
http://www.huck.psu.edu/people/bxp12/