[Biopython] Google Summer of Code idea

Albert Bogdanowicz albert.bogdanowicz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 18:01:27 UTC 2011

Uri, Brad, thank you for response.
I'll take a look at the projects you mentioned, especially the python modules.
Last year I was in Warsaw iGEM team and I wrote (with some help from
teammates) this software: http://brickmanager.appspot.com/
It's in GWT and Google App engine, but I think about writing a module with
simillar functionality for Biopython (I prefer Python to Java).

That means:
- downloading information about brick
- parsing it and creating an object holding information about a brick
- connecting bricks (adding features, creating XML representation for new
brick)
- maybe creating a lab protocol for newly created bricks (it's quirky in this
web application)
- maybe uploading bricks to partsregistry.org

Should I write the proposal now and correct some points during this week, or
wait and send the final version?
Albert Bogdanowicz