[Biopython] Google Summer of Code idea

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:56:26 UTC 2011

Albert;

> I am a bioinformatics student and I would like to take part in Google Summer
> of Code this year.

Thank you for the e-mail and interest in both Biopython and GSoC.

> I have an idea for a project that I could write. It would be a module for
> synthetic biology, especially BioBrick standard used in iGEM competition
> (http://ung.igem.org/Main_Page).

This sounds like a useful project. What type of functionality
specifically did you have in mind? Submitting your own project idea
is great and we'll just need more details about what you are
planning to tackle in order to find mentors. There are a couple of
Python libraries on GitHub dealing with BioBricks that might contain
some useful code:

https://github.com/alisue/pybiobrick
https://github.com/abiggerhammer/bbtools

I also have a repository of synthetic biology related code:

https://bitbucket.org/chapmanb/synbio

Thanks again,
Brad