[Biopython] Permissions for Bio, BioSQL, Martel

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 23:35:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

What OS are you using? And did you try just the normal installation:

python setup.py build
python setup.py test
sudo python setup.py install

That would normally work on Linux/Unix.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Finsen Chiu <fchiu at newton.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I also tried doing a umask 022 before installing and encountered write
> permission for non-root users, as followed:

> ERROR: test_Clustalw_tool
> [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'Clustalw/temp horses.fasta'
etc

The above could happens if you did the build and test as sudo, and
the temp test files were left behind (e.g. if interrupted). If you later
rerun the tests as a normal user you can't delete them (because they
belong to root).