[Biopython] SeqIO for fasta conversion of Illumina files with > 60 bp

natassa natassa_g_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 08:37:50 UTC 2009

Hallo,
I have been using SeqIO to convert Illumina (v1.3+) *sequence.txt files (containing both quality and sequence info) to simple Fastas. This worked well until I tried it on new reads of 75 bp. I need to have them in a single line, so fiddling around with the code I guess I need to change the wrap=60 argument in the FastaIO/FastaWriter class to wrap=0 to make it work. Am I right? are there any other bits of code that may be affected that I may have missed?
I am sure this way of handling things is not a good one;-) , so I was wondering if other people have had the same problem and how this class could be modified to adress it in the future.
Thanks,
Anastasia

Anastasia Gioti
Post-Doc, Evolutionary Biology Department
Upssala University
Norbyvägen 18D
SE-752 36  UPPSALA
anastasia.gioti at ebc.uu.se