[Biopython] IDLE problem

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 14:00:32 UTC 2009

Hi Andrew,

Please keep the mailing list CC'd on replies.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM, xiaoa<xiaoa at mail.rockefeller.edu> wrote:

>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> Due to occasional network issues, Entrez scripts are not always 100%
>> reproducible. Perhaps the NCBI was under very high load at the time?
>> It is difficult to say any more without knowing what your script does.
>>
>> Also, I see you say you using Windows Vista, 64-bit and Biopython 1.51
>> and Python 2.6.2 - how did you install Biopython? I've never used Vista,
>> and we don't provide 64-bit installers.
>>
>> Peter
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> I forget to mention that although my OS is 64 bit, I installed 32-bit Python
>  2.6.2 because the IDLE for 64-bit Python 2.6.2 doesn't work in Vista.  So
> everything is in 32.  It seems odd that everything works fine in commandline
> but in IDLE.
>
> Andrew

I see - if you are using the 32 bit version of Python, then our Windows
installer might work. You may be the first person to report trying this on
Windows Vista...

Right now I am not sure what could be going wrong with Entrez. If you can
show us your script (ideally a cut down example to show the problem) we
may be able to help.