[Biopython] IDLE problem

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 09:14:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM, xiaoa<xiaoa at mail.rockefeller.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to python and biopython. I ran into a problem when using
> Entrez.esearch and efetch.  My script worked fine when I used python 2.6.2
> command line (console), but it returned an empty line when I ran it in IDLE.
>  IDLE seems to be working, because I tested with 1. another python script
> (no Entrez modules) and 2. even Entrez.einfo--worked fine.  I am using
> Windows Vista, 64-bit and Biopython 1.51 and Python 2.6.2.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Due to occasional network issues, Entrez scripts are not always 100%
reproducible. Perhaps the NCBI was under very high load at the time?
It is difficult to say any more without knowing what your script does.

Also, I see you say you using Windows Vista, 64-bit and Biopython 1.51
and Python 2.6.2 - how did you install Biopython? I've never used Vista,
and we don't provide 64-bit installers.