[BioPython] BioPython Intro Level Documentation

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 20 01:23:47 UTC 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 7:02 PM, Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon wrote:

> Hi Julius,
>
> Thanks a lot for setting up the Getting Started page!
> I completely agree, the current Biopython documentation is a bit
> intimidating. So I think that a more introductory-level wiki page is
> very useful. By all means, go for it!
>
> We should actually consider if it is better to move to a wiki-only
> documentation. The current PDF-based documentation feels more
> tangible,
> but it's harder to update. Opinions, anybody?
>
> --Michiel.

There is a special link for all pages to display them as printable
versions (in the toolbox on the right side under the search box), so
if one could print to a PDF file then that should obviate most
conversion problems.

Here's a direct link:

http://biopython.org/w/index.php?title=Getting_Started&printable=yes

chris