[BioPython] Updating the tutorial, was :Parsing and Creating Dictionaries of GenBank files

Michiel De Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Fri Apr 21 16:26:39 UTC 2006

> Something funny seems to have happened to the plain text version:

http://cvs.biopython.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biopython/Doc/Tutorial.t
xt.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.6&cvsroot=biopython

The plain text version is generated by hevea, so not by tex directly. The
funny output is likely due to having a different hevea version (which I ran a
couple of times). I didn't see anything obviously wrong with the Tutorial.tex
source file, so I think these errors are due to errors in the Tutorial.tex ->
Tutorial.txt translation by hevea.

> If generating a consistent plain text version is a lot of hassle, then
> maybe we can live without it?

Currently, the plain text version is not very useful. It's not a source file,
so it should not be in CVS. On the other hand, the plain text version is not
available from the Biopython documentation page, and users are better off
with the PDF version anyway. So I think nobody will miss the plain text
version. Correct me if I'm wrong.

--Michiel.