[BioPython] Updating the tutorial, was :Parsing and Creating Dictionaries of GenBank files

Peter (BioPython) biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 08:44:56 UTC 2006

Michiel De Hoon wrote:
>> I did suggest a change to the documentation but it looks like no
>> one has made the change...
>>
>> http://biopython.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2005-November/002193.html

Thanks - I was going to look at this today.

Something funny seems to have happened to the plain text version:

http://cvs.biopython.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biopython/Doc/Tutorial.txt.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.6&cvsroot=biopython

(a) The old "Title" is missing above the contents listing

(b) Contents entries contain   which is nasty for plain text.

(b) Section references now contain odd text.  Is it possible you only
ran the TeX file once?  Usually with references TeX should be run twice
(and in extreme cases, three times)

In an earlier discussion it was suggested we remove the plain text
documentation from CVS, which I objected to as plain text is much easier
for non-TeX people to read.

If generating a consistent plain text version is a lot of hassle, then
maybe we can live without it?

> I have now made this update in CVS. I'll put it on the website also
> as soon as I can figure out how to do that with the new webserver.

I can't help you there - I was going to post to the Developer mailing
list to see if anyone had done this recently.  Have you been able to
generate new HTML and Tutorial.pdf files?

Looks like you have also updated the text about the Blast parser :)