[BioPython] installation problems relating to mxTextTools

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at labmed.uio.no
Thu Sep 11 05:33:12 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 05:57:40PM +0200, Peter Slickers wrote:
> Karin Lagesen wrote:
> Please check, if mx was installed successfully.
> Just start python and type in these two commands:
>
> python

> If this test fails, you should try to install mx directly
> from the tar archive using 'python setup.py install'. This is
> the same procedure as you have used for Numeric.

You were right, this was the problem. However, I now have a different
problem:

bash-2.05a# python setup.py install
running install
*** Martel *** is either not installed or out of date.

This package is required for many Biopython features.  Please install
it before you install Biopython.
You can find Martel at http://www.biopython.org/~dalke/Martel/.

Do you want to continue this installation? (y/N)

I did not see any package called Martel under the required list on the
biopython download page, and the link doesn't work.

Karin
--
Karin Lagesen, PhD student
karin.lagesen at labmed.uio.no