[BioPython] installation problems relating to mxTextTools

Peter Slickers piet at clondiag.com
Wed Sep 10 11:57:40 EDT 2003

Karin Lagesen wrote:

> The version of python I have is 2.2.1.
>
> rpm -i egenix-mx-base-2.0.5-py2.2_1.src.rpm

Maybe there is a mismatch between your python2.2.1
and your rpm, which seems to be suited for python2.2
only.

Please check, if mx was installed successfully.
Just start python and type in these two commands:

python

 >>> import mx
 >>> print mx.__version__

If this test fails, you should try to install mx directly
from the tar archive using 'python setup.py install'. This is
the same procedure as you have used for Numeric.

Good luck,

Peter Slickers                             piet at clondiag.com
Clondiag Chip Technologies                 http://www.clondiag.com/
Löbstedter Str. 105
07749 Jena
Germany

Fon:  03641/5947-65                        Fax:  03641/5947-20