[BioPython] installation problems relating to mxTextTools

Jan T. Kim kim at inb.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Sep 11 06:16:25 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:33:12AM +0200, Karin Lagesen wrote:

> You were right, this was the problem. However, I now have a different
> problem:
>
> bash-2.05a# python setup.py install
> running install
> *** Martel *** is either not installed or out of date.

Just run ``python setup.py install'' a second time. The first installation
will, in fact, have already installed Martel, but it seems it does not
know about this itself. I speculate that the python process running
the setup script would have to rehash its list of modules available for
import, but it doesn't.

Greetings from Luebeck,
Jan
 |    *NEW*    email: kim at inb.uni-luebeck.de                          |