[BioPython] blast parser slows down under python2.3

Peter Slickers piet at clondiag.com
Thu Sep 4 02:57:24 EDT 2003

Andrew Nunberg wrote:
> I was wondering if you could patch the stable branch?  Reason is that
> some of what I do may turn into production scripts and I would rather
> not have it tied to bleeding edge code..
> Thanks

You should not take this issue to serious. This
will only affect you, if your are heavily processing huge
blast output files with python2.3 and the blast parser from biopython.

You can still use python2.2 for such production runs,
and then there is no need to patch your local biopython code immediately.

Peter Slickers                             piet at clondiag.com
Clondiag Chip Technologies                 http://www.clondiag.com/
Löbstedter Str. 105
07749 Jena
Germany

Fon:  03641/5947-65                        Fax:  03641/5947-20