[BioPython] blast parser slows down under python2.3

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Wed Sep 3 14:50:38 EDT 2003

Hi Andy;

> I was wondering if you could patch the stable branch?  Reason is that
> some of what I do may turn into production scripts and I would rather
> not have it tied to bleeding edge code..

There is no stable branch -- or more generally, no branches at all.
We work directly off the head and try to keep it working as well as
possible; releases come directly off of it.

So, yeah, you'll just have to work right off CVS if you want the
fixes before the next release. Things are normally quite stable -- I
always use CVS for my code (and consider them "production;"
production for a grad student, ya know) and have never had any major
complaints.

Brad